Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Welcome to the Mid-South Retail Blog!

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2015!

I opened my flickr account in time for New Year's Day this year. Now I'm launching my blog for St. Patrick's Day, right down to the day and the minute - 3:17 on 3-17. Of course, right now it's barely running at all - if you're reading this on the day it's posted you're way ahead of me! I've got a lot more to do to set this thing up properly - I think it's going to be a never-ending process.

My goal here is not to maintain a daily or even weekly blog - so if that's what you're looking for, this isn't it. Then again, if you were looking for a Mid-South retail blog, I think I'm your de facto choice - still, I apologize for my posting schedule (or lack thereof) in advance. I'll do my best to shoot for monthly posts but I won't guarantee anything one hundred percent. However, you can find me with new uploads every Saturday on flickr. Why does flickr get weekly while you're stuck with maybe-monthly? Simply put, I'm not made for the blogging business - I can't pre-plan to carve out time to type up a thought-out post on a rigid schedule. (And as you can tell when I type, I type a lot.) Rather, much like retail remodels it seems, I'll be doing this on a whim, whenever my time allots. So stick around, or don't. Stop by frequently or annually, I don't care. Makes no difference to me.










...so if I haven't scared you away yet, congratulations! Hope you'll be sticking around for the ride. I don't want to encourage you to check by every day, because I've done that before on blogs that promise frequent uploads, and more often then not I'll get frequent disappointment. By telling you outright I've got other priorities, I think I'll be able to uphold to my standards, and hopefully yours. Who knows, one of the days you stop by you might just get lucky and see a new post! My goal to accomplish on the blog first is a comprehensive list of all the Kroger stores from the Mid-South. If you're from flickr, you've probably seen my photo entitled O Kroger, Where Art Thou?. As a fellow flickr member (and now fellow-blogger!) suggested, I should put my list online rather than have to screenshot it each time. And that's just what I plan to do! Until that's done, don't expect to see much other retail from the area.

Speaking of "lucky," though, as I said earlier, it's St. Patrick's Day! Seeing as how it's a holiday, and considering it is my first blog post, after all, I will leave you with this picture before I get all Kroger-happy - full of green, from my favorite store, the Horn Lake, MS Target, which is stuck in the 90s (much to retail fans' benefit). And to let you know, this photo is exclusive - meaning I won't even upload it to flickr (gasp!) - well, yet, anyway. :)

Thanks again for reading and thanks in advance for those of you who will be back. Have fun exploring the retail world!

Retail Retell
 
Also, in case you were wondering - the "DeSoto County" image at the top denotes what Mid-South county the post will be from. That's at least one feature I'm sure of for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any info to share, or simply want to join the discussion? Please feel free to leave a comment! Comments are welcome on any and all posts so long as you adopt a username and do not post any malicious links. Comments are subject to moderation before being approved, so please be patient if your comment does not appear automatically. Please remain civil in your comments. If we decide your comment is inappropriate, we reserve the right to delete it.

Disclaimer: The Mid-South Retail Blog exists solely for educational and historical purposes. This blog claims no ownership of, or relation to, any organization, retail or otherwise, whose property may be featured in pictures or in links within posts. We are not affiliated with, or endorsed by, any entity featured on the blog. However, we do claim ownership of our content, unless it is credited otherwise. If you find any inaccuracies in our posts, please let us know in the comments or via email so that we can make any necessary changes. Information on the blog may be frequently updated without notice.