Thursday, March 17, 2022

Celebrating Seven Years of The Mid-South Retail Blog!


Happy 2022, everybody, and happy seventh anniversary to the Mid-South Retail Blog! It's hard to believe I've been doing this for over seven years now, and that so many of you have followed along for a majority of that time. I'm very grateful for each of you, and also deeply appreciative to the new followers who have discovered this blog more recently. It's my hope that the content I post will attract readers looking for publications about those topics, and I've heard from several folks who have helped me understand that, at least to a certain extent, I'm realizing that accomplishment, which is of course a wonderful feeling.

2022 has gotten off to a quiet start so far here on the blog, thanks to how busy I've been at work. My flickr photostream has slowed down considerably as well, although I've still managed to (just barely!) keep up with that, for the time being. In the meantime, I didn't want my blog posts to suffer in quality, so I decided simply not to post anything at all for a little while. Hopefully, if everything works out, I envision posts resuming sometime next month or in May, with the caveat that they will still likely be more spread out than they were in the past (i.e., not necessarily once per month any longer). So please be sure to stay tuned for that. And also today, in addition to this annual anniversary post, we have yet another special guest author feature from my friend Albertsons Florida Blog, so please go and check that out if you haven't already!

As of the time I'm writing this (which is about a week and a half before the anniversary itself), our pageviews stand at 148,819, which is an increase of 29,289 over last year's 119,530 -- the highest yearly jump in pageviews we've had since our second anniversary, so thank you all for that! Remember that contributor posts or just plain discussions are welcome at any time via our inbox at midsouthretailblog [at] gmail [dot] com. And in case you'd like to revisit any of our posts from the past year, feel free to do so using any of the links below, or whenever you please using the sidebar on the web version of the blog.

January 2021

February 2021

March 2021

April 2021

May 2021

June 2021

August 2021

September 2021

November 2021
Former Albertsons #4317 - Mobile, AL (a guest post by Retail Retell on the Albertsons Florida Blog)

December 2021

Thanks again, sincerely, to all of you for making this a great seven years, and look forward to more new content coming to the blog soon! Until then, be sure (again) to check out our other new post today from AFB, and as always, have fun exploring the retail world wherever you are :)

Retail Retell

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestone, and here's to hoping you can get back in the swing of things soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, for both of those things! I'm certainly hopeful for the second one... we'll see, though.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the milestone! Thanks for letting me post again on the blog, and hopefully I'll find another way to combine Floridian and Mid-South retail so I can send something else over in the future too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and of course -- glad to have you contribute! I definitely need to return the favor again soon!

      Delete
  3. Sorry for the slightly slow response, but happy seventh anniversary! That logo with the 7 looks a bit like a 7-Eleven sign! Well, kind of, lol.

    Out of the blog posts you listed from 2021, I think my favorite was the Pasquale's & Frostop post from Greenville, MS. I remember you dropping some hints about that one in 2020 and it was worth the wait! All the posts were good though and I look forward to seeing more in the next year when you get the chance to return to the blog. I guess you've learned what I've known for a very long time now that working full-time doesn't leave much time for blogging...or even for guest blogging in my case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries -- I'm very slow in responding to things myself these days, haha! Anyway, thank you, and lol at the 7-Eleven reference!

      Glad you liked that one -- I definitely enjoyed writing it, too! I appreciate the kind words. Yes, I've absolutely learned that lesson, and I hate that the blog is having to take so much of a backseat... I have lots of content waiting to post, I just have very little motivation to prepare it. But hopefully things will get better on that front sooner or later.

      Delete

Have any info to share, or simply want to join the discussion? Please feel free to leave a comment! Comments are welcome on any and all posts so long as you adopt a username and do not post any malicious links. Comments are subject to moderation before being approved, so please be patient if your comment does not appear automatically. Please remain civil in your comments. If we decide your comment is inappropriate, we reserve the right to delete it.

Disclaimer: The Mid-South Retail Blog exists solely for educational and historical purposes. This blog claims no ownership of, or relation to, any organization, retail or otherwise, whose property may be featured in pictures or in links within posts. We are not affiliated with, or endorsed by, any entity featured on the blog. However, we do claim ownership of our content, unless it is credited otherwise. If you find any inaccuracies in our posts, please let us know in the comments or via email so that we can make any necessary changes. Information on the blog may be frequently updated without notice.