Saturday, November 11, 2017

O Kroger, Where Art Thou? - Mississippi Listing



Hello everyone, and (for those of you reading this on the day it was posted, anyway) hope you're all having a very happy Veterans Day, especially for our servicemembers! I was planning on posting this next weekend... but the sooner the better, right? :)

You may recall that I recently promised you all some more spreadsheets... so here's one of them! As you can guess from the header image on this post, this table serves as a semi-continuation of my "O Kroger, Where Art Thou" series started back in the blog's early days. I was interested in making a list (to join my existing one of the Memphis metro stores) of all Kroger locations in Mississippi, so that's what you'll find below, complete with Delta Division store number, address, current décor, and additional notes (where applicable). So without any further ado, please enjoy! :)  (Last update to table - September 2nd, 2023)

Delta DivisionKroger Store AddressMississippi CityZIP CodeCurrent Décor Notes
Store #3454910 I-55 NJackson, MS39211Fresh and LocalPreviously Script
Store #3552340 Highway 15 NLaurel, MS39440RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful
Store #363201 Lonnie T Jenkins DrivePearl, MS39208RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful; only MS store that does not have a pharmacy; retains superstore exterior
Store #370602 N Davis AvenueCleveland, MS38732Fresh and LocalPreviously script décor
Store #381826 Highway 12 WStarkville, MS39759RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful
Store #3881811 W Government StreetBrandon, MS39042MarketplacePreviously Script; not actually a Kroger Marketplace
Store #404465 Stateline Road WSouthaven, MS38671RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful, Bauhaus
Store #4271829 Highway 45 NColumbus, MS39705RemixFormer Delchamps; previously 2012/Bountiful
Store #4291778 Highway 1 SGreenville, MS38701RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful; Former Delchamps
Store #434110 Keating RoadBatesville, MS38606RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful; Former Food World
Store #447930 Barnes Crossing RoadTupelo, MS38804Fresh and LocalPreviously Millennium
Store #4491167 Highway 49Richland, MS39218RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful
Store #4527427 Goodman RoadOlive Branch, MS38654Fresh and LocalPreviously 2012/Bountiful décor, and was also one of only two MS stores with a Little Clinic (which has since closed)
Store #4537251 Interstate BoulevardHorn Lake, MS38637RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful
Store #454104 Highway 72 WCorinth, MS38834Fresh and LocalFormer Food World; previously featured block letter version of script décor
Store #4643095 Goodman Road ESouthaven, MS38672Urban MixPreviously 2012/Bountiful
Store #4663408 Pemberton Square BoulevardVicksburg, MS39180MarketplaceBuilt on site of former Kmart; previously script décor; not actually a Kroger Marketplace
Store #471960 Main StreetTupelo, MS38801RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful; Former Albertsons
Store #472115 Colony Crossing WayMadison, MS39110ArtisanPreviously Script with Marketplace décor aisle markers
Store #4732013 University AvenueOxford, MS38655ArtisanPreviously Millennium
Store #474107 Highway 80 EClinton, MS39056MarketplaceNot actually a Kroger Marketplace; previously script décor
Store #4782380 Mount Pleasant RoadHernando, MS38632MarketplaceMississippi's first Kroger Marketplace; largest Kroger store in MS
Store #479110 Promenade BoulevardFlowood, MS39232MarketplaceNot actually a Kroger Marketplace, just remodeled to feature that décor
Store #4906745 S Siwell RoadByram, MS39272RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful
Store #4921070 Highway 51Madison, MS39110ArtisanPreviously 2012/Bountiful
Store #4931070 Spillway CircleBrandon, MS39047MarketplaceNot actually a Kroger Marketplace; previously script décor
Store #4947045 Old Canton RoadRidgeland, MS39157RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful; Former Albertsons and Brookshire's
Store #497143 Fresh and Friendly DriveFlowood, MS39232RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful; Former Albertsons and Brookshire's (road formerly named Albertsons Drive)
Store #4993926 Goodman RoadHorn Lake, MS 38637RemixPreviously 2012/Bountiful

I made this list over the summer, so there's a slight chance a few details may have changed since then, but personally I kinda doubt that anything substantial would have occurred in that short of a time period. But in any case, if you have any updates to add - or additional details for the notes section, especially regarding any store's history - please do let me know, either in the comments section below or by email at midsouthretailblog [at] gmail [dot] com!

Also of note is that, to date (November 2017), an impressive 14 out of these 31 total stores have been covered on flickr by l_dawg2000 and myself! :P  If you're a Mississippian and have pictures of one of these Kroger stores that we don't, then please feel free to share those with us as well via that same aforementioned email address - I'll be happy to post them here and the blog and credit you as you wish!

With all that said, that's all I have for you today. Again, as updates come in I'll do my best to keep this table updated, but I'm going to rely on your help for that. I have two more major tables left to share, and since they're related to each other I'll be putting them in the same post either this December or next January. Until next time, I hope you and your loved ones have a happy Thanksgiving holiday and break, and have fun exploring the retail world wherever you are!

Retail Retell

15 comments:

  1. You can cross #431 in Clarksdale off the list; According to WREG, it is closing.

    http://wreg.com/2017/12/15/kroger-closing-clarksdale-mississippi-store/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I saw that earlier tonight. Sad news for Clarksdale :( I figured I'd cross it off once it closes. I hope they release the closing date once they come up with it, as I'd like to make a stop down there if possible.

      Delete
  2. The Kroger on I-55 North is undergoing renovation at this moment, presumably to the Marketplace interior design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information! I've discovered that remodels seem to be in the works for several Mississippi Kroger stores in fact, including Vicksburg and Greenville in the near future. I'll be sure to go back and update this post once those remodels are complete enough to determine what décor package they'll each be getting.

      Delete
    2. Well, I stand corrected. The announced remodel of the store was little more than a "reset" (the second in five years) and the addition of new produce cases, a cheese counter, and the removal of the hot cafeteria counter (replaced with pizza and fried chicken only). The clues that Marketplace decor may have been coming — aside from the recent redos of the Spillway and Promenade locations — was the addition of checkout signs and juice case signage that matches that design. Oh, well... Script lives on in north Jackson!

      Delete
    3. That's good to hear! Thanks for sharing. Normally I'd feel bad for not having edited in the info from your initial comment for so long, but I suppose in this case my delay worked in our favor :)

      Delete
  3. Update on Store #474 in Clinton. It's been refurbished with Marketplace decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welp, my very own Kroger 492 in Madison on Hwy 51 has been updated to an as-yet unidentified (as far as I know) interior design that I will tongue-in-cheek dub "Woodie" since it looks like the fake wood paneling on automobiles in the 70s and 80s. Actually, it looks like a cross between Marketplace and my family's den, circa 1978. Color pattern is much brighter than bountiful, though, and some elements are reminiscent of Publix (to me at least), particularly the Pharmacy facade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Resending ... I was logged in under a different Google account when posting this earlier. My Hwy. 51 Kroger in Madison, MS, has undergone a renovation to an as-yet unidentified (as far as I know) interior design. I'll call it a cross between the Marketplace design and my family's den circa 1978 with lots of fake wood paneling. Color scheme is brighter than Bountiful (the prior design), and some elements -- particularly the pharmacy facade -- reminds me of Publix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, good to hear from you! I went ahead and published both of your comments (but I can delete the first one if you'd like).

      Thanks for the update! I didn't realize I hadn't updated this post yet -- I actually knew this remodel was forthcoming for a while, and a friend of mine helped me uncover the decor plans prior to the remodel. That package is officially known as "Artisan" within Kroger. I'll update this post accordingly.

      Do you like the package? Oxford is remodeling to it as well, simultaneous with a large expansion. Only a portion of it is currently in place at that store due to all the work taking place, but of what I saw, I'm not the biggest fan, personally. Besides the actual departments not doing much for me, there seems to be a lot of empty white wall space between them, which I really don't think is a great design choice.

      I didn't realize that was "your" Kroger -- funnily enough, I spent a couple of months in Madison earlier this year, and that was the exact same Kroger I shopped at! I also went to the other one a couple of times, and I liked that it was less crowded, but mainly I went to the Hwy 51 location (and Walmart, mostly Walmart :P ). If you're not aware, the other Madison Kroger will also be expanding/remodeling soon. I'm pretty sure I downloaded its plans, too, but I seem to have misplaced them at the moment... I'll keep looking, though.

      Delete
    2. I should also mention that I would've liked to have photographed the old decor package before it went away, but the store was always too darn busy for me to ever feel comfortable photographing it! It was "early 2012/bountiful," too, which seems to be rarer in our area. Its "basket lids" were longer, and the store had some other elements missing in later bountiful decor remodels as well as swapped colors for the bakery and meat department signs.

      Delete
  6. I did capture some images of the new design if you'd like for me to send. That this design was used in Madison makes me even more surprised Script lived on at the I-55 store when they reset it a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The timing of this redesign was unfortunate. They reset the merchandise in February, but by March it was evident a redesign was coming, too. At first, the blue color schemes in the butcher shop led me to believe it would be another Marketplace redo. Everything slowed down after the pandemic heated up, and I know lots of shoppers were frustrated by all products being rearranged at the time they were trying their best to get in and out in a hurry. Looks now like the redesign is complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, please feel free to send those images along! Our email address is midsouthretailblog [at] gmail [dot] com. I can do my best to get those posted sometime next month :)

      That is interesting about the I-55 store. It certainly seems to be the highest-profile of all the Jackson area locations. Who knows, maybe they have some even bigger plans in the works for that location.

      Yeah, the very last time I went to that Kroger earlier this year, all of the old decor had already been removed and the walls had begun to be repainted. I didn't do enough shopping there to ever get familiar with a certain layout or, therefore, to notice any changes, but I'm certain that was frustrating, especially with all the panic-buying added on top of that.

      Delete

Have any info to share, or simply want to join the discussion? Please feel free to leave a comment! Comments are welcome on any and all posts so long as you adopt a username and do not post any malicious links. Comments are subject to moderation before being approved, so please be patient if your comment does not appear automatically. Please remain civil in your comments. If we decide your comment is inappropriate, we reserve the right to delete it.

Disclaimer: The Mid-South Retail Blog exists solely for educational and historical purposes. This blog claims no ownership of, or relation to, any organization, retail or otherwise, whose property may be featured in pictures or in links within posts. We are not affiliated with, or endorsed by, any entity featured on the blog. However, we do claim ownership of our content, unless it is credited otherwise. If you find any inaccuracies in our posts, please let us know in the comments or via email so that we can make any necessary changes. Information on the blog may be frequently updated without notice.