Friday, November 15, 2019

100 Posts!

Today, with the publication of our two most recent entries - completing our original "O Kroger" series with two additional store lists, including the full Delta Division store listing - the Mid-South Retail Blog celebrates 100 posts! A very healthy number of the blogs that I follow (which are listed on the sidebar of this site, for your convenience) have already reached and surpassed 100 posts with ease, including - just to name a few - Albertsons Florida Blog, GTB Area Retail Blog, My Florida Retail, Northwest Retail Blog, Philadelphia Retail with PlazaACME, The Market Report, and Twin Tiers Retail. Some of those blogs are on the younger side; meanwhile, we'll be celebrating five years next March :P  So what I'm saying is, this may not feel like a particularly huge milestone in the grand scheme of blogging, but it's a big deal to me, and I wanted to thank you all for your readership and helping me reach this achievement :)

I also want to clarify, of course, that a lack of content is not to blame - I'm just slow to write posts, haha! This is because, as you're aware, a good many of my posts feature extensive research, and equally extensive essays. It's certainly fun, but also time-consuming, hence why I'm not able to get certain posts up as quickly as I would like. Case in point - I have over 40 additional posts in development! Yet I stick to a pretty regular schedule of only one post per month. In short, this means that I have a lot more great stuff up my sleeves that will head your way in the months and years to come. Again, thanks for your support, and I hope you'll keep on coming back to check out all the new content! Below, in celebration of this 100-post milestone, are some quick sneak peeks at what all lies ahead...











For a more immediate outlook on things, next month we'll conclude the year 2019 on the blog with our final local Rite Aid post. Then, it's full steam ahead into 2020! I look forward to sharing many more posts with you all in the future. Until then, and as always... have fun exploring the retail world wherever you are!

Retail Retell

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestone! Today is also an anniversary for My Florida Retail too - as November 16th marks MFR's first full year on the web. However, I'm going to lump in that celebration with AFB's 6th anniversary post this December. It's crazy to believe just how long both of us have been doing this now!

    I'm looking forward to the new content too - that ancient "COSMETICS" sign is really intriguing me. If the rest of the store looks like that, that will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And wow, that's a neat coincidence - congrats on your milestone as well! Yep, we've sure been at this for a while...

      Unfortunately, that's the only department sign in the whole store, but I still don't think you'll be disappointed! And better yet, like Lowe's Foods, this is yet another stop (not in SC, though) that I wasn't planning on visiting... somehow those seem to turn out pretty well :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome (and thanks)! You seem to have the best luck with finding really cool stores completely by surprise!

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! And yep, I suppose so, although those are the only two instances I can think of :P

      Delete
  2. Yep, looks like you've got lots of cool stuff coming up! Thanks for the shoutout, but it's kind of misleading since my standard would have me creating over 700 "posts" per year at one picture each, certainly not comparable to what most of you guys are doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and you're welcome! As for that, well, close enough XD

      Delete

Have any info to share, or simply want to join the discussion? Please feel free to leave a comment! Comments are welcome on any and all posts so long as you adopt a username and do not post any malicious links. Comments are subject to moderation before being approved, so please be patient if your comment does not appear automatically. Please remain civil in your comments. If we decide your comment is inappropriate, we reserve the right to delete it.

Disclaimer: The Mid-South Retail Blog exists solely for educational and historical purposes. This blog claims no ownership of, or relation to, any organization, retail or otherwise, whose property may be featured in pictures or in links within posts. We are not affiliated with, or endorsed by, any entity featured on the blog. However, we do claim ownership of our content, unless it is credited otherwise. If you find any inaccuracies in our posts, please let us know in the comments or via email so that we can make any necessary changes. Information on the blog may be frequently updated without notice.